Monday 10 June 2013

Fabric...tick, Pattern...tick !


I have now settled on a pattern that I think should do justice to my gorgeous, purple floral fabric, ...drum roll....New Look 6069. I think this pattern makes a polite little nod to the Forties in its style, (I'm practising my Victory Rolls) and I love the cute capped sleeves and yokes at the waistline and shoulders. I'll also be making a few other tweaks and additions to the pattern to get exactly what I want. It should be a good exercise in pattern alteration and hopefully a confidence boost when the desired result is achieved !
Pattern pieces are now all cut and I will be making a toile first off. This is a good habit to get into and is essentially a first draft, offering the chance to iron out any imperfections, check for sizing and make sure that the pattern is working for you, before you cut into your actual fabric. I will be using a cheap curtain lining fabric for my toile, but you may choose to buy a cheap fabric to use and then if the toile works out it may also be wearable! I will also be posting stage by stage progress this time. Onwards !
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...