Wednesday 1 January 2014

A New Sewing Year!

After a fabulous Christmas break, I am starting to think about what sewing delights might engage my free time this coming year. It has been a restful and happy Christmas with family and friends and an extra excuse to put my feet up with a baby on board!

With changing shape and growing baby bump, I scoured patterns in the hope of finding something fun to make in the line of maternity wear. I think I the set the bar high in the hope of something with an Issey Miyake, or Marcy Tilton vibe that would work, but didn't really find anything that fitted that bill, or nothing at least that grabbed my interest in a big enough way. Hence, as well as indulging in a few dress purchases from maternity wear shops, (that I have been delighted with), other pre-existing wardrobe items have been 'altered' with a newly acquired Empire Line, also easily done with a pretty over the bump/under the bust belt and hey presto, good to go !
I am also thinking of making a a couple of my own flat blow belts for this purpose. The lovely Lauren of Great British Sewing Bee has a simple tutorial on her blog for a pretty bow belt. :
With the added excitement of a 5 day power cut over Christmas, (yep, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day!), the Sewing Tree machine has lain quiet this festive break, so this seems the perfect little project to get back into the swing of a new year of seamstressing adventures.

Pin It

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...