Sunday 22 June 2014

Sewing Off Piste !

Quite some time ago now - whilst carrying a rather large baby load up front, I fell upon some dreamy fabric...well two fabrics actually, that when teamed together I felt made a dreamy pairing. Said fabric purchased, they then sat, visible, but unused in the corner of our Sun Room awaiting a purpose.
After the arrival of little Eloise and her partaking of a little nap one quiet afternoon, I decided to forego the advice of ''nap while baby naps'' (you know who you are ;o) and instead whipped off the tunic top I was wearing, laid it on top of said fabric and cut round it. Not something I've done before...and it felt a bit of a cheat at the time, but hey, new baby...post pregnancy prerogative...I have excuses ;o)
This weekend, I finally managed to finish my somewhat organic and 'off piste', pattern free, homage to my White Stuff tunic and now have my own wearable version.....and I love it ! I tweaked and altered to make it ''my own'', with a bit of creative zig zag stitching to hold some extra pleats in place and some shirring at the back for a bit of extra shaping.
As spontaneous fabric purchases and sewing sessions timed to baby naps go...this is a happy result ! Me, posing with the delphiniums ....
And the obliging baby Eloise Rose that facilitated such a self indulgent sewing exploit...

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great top! Your Eloise is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...